On Incarnated Mermaids

 

(From Undines: Lessons from the Realm of the Water Spirits)

In 1996, I studied the auras of four mermaid queens and interacted with them in a variety of ways. In 2009, while editing this book, Undines: Lessons from the Realm of the Water Spirits, several quotes by two mermaid queens caught my attention.

  Istiphul said to me, “You wish to know our deepest secrets. In the near future, we will find a way to share these things with you. You will meet mermaids in the flesh, and then you shall understand our nature.”
  And Isaphil, “I assure you that one day you will meet women who have worked with me and who have mastered all that I am. But first you must complete your journey.”
  It was not easy for me to grasp what these mermaid queens were saying. There are very few references in occult or world literature that described in detail a mermaid incarnating in human form and living among us as if she was one of us.
  Such a woman would face huge challenges. There are staggering differences between the mermaid realm with its vibration of pure love and human civilization where we compete and fight with each other over scarce resources. And an incarnated mermaid would experience startling realizations as she grows up. There is no user’s manual lying next to a crib when a child like this is born that explains to her the rules by which human society operates. She is on her own.
  If you think about it, if a mermaid wants to have “a human experience,” it would serve no purpose for her to know in advance that she is not human. Otherwise, when she has to deal with a difficult situation, it would be easy for her to say, “The choices I make here do not matter. I am a mermaid. I do not have to take this life seriously.”
  Among the fifty or so masters I have studied with from many traditions, none of them embody the vibration of water in their auras. Add to this that Franz Bardon, whose methods I was practicing, pointed out how easy it is to become enchanted by the beauty of these women. The idea of a mermaid in human form was intriguing, but I had nothing to go on.
  Nonetheless, in an attempt to meet incarnated mermaids, I put out a global casting call on a model website for women who could portray through the performing arts—singing, dance, modeling, etc.—what a mermaid in human form would be like. To my surprise, I received immediate responses from several women who embodied the water element.
  One woman was a model from Australia. Within two weeks, I flew her to Oahu, Hawaii. We did photo shoots for six days on the North and South Shores. And I did videotape interviews with her on what it was like for her to grow up, reviewing her entire biography and any unusual experiences she had had. I even wrote a “fairy tale” as a back story about her called, The Double Changeling
  Slowly over the next few years, I was able to do extensive interviews with a number of these women. This led to my posting an essay on the internet called, Traits of Mermaid Women. Now, about every two months over the last twelve years, a woman writes to me from some part of the world. These women say to me things such as,  

 “I googled ‘mermaid’ and ‘women’ and found your essay. You are the first person to understand who I am. It is like you are inside my head reading my mind.”   

  “I read your essay, Traits of Mermaid Women, and I am “shocked” because it is so much about me. Like the part on innocence fits me.” 

  “Everything makes sense to me when I read your stories in Mermaid Tales. Even specific details that I've never shared with anyone. The way I feel about relationships, about nature, about love, about being alive. I feel joy, so deeply I cry sometimes out of beauty. I don't know how to thank you enough. I feel so much gratitude for being able to share all of this with you. You seem to understand me better than I understand myself.” 

   “I have just finished reading your book Undines and it is the most profound, wonderful book I have ever read. When I read your book, I didn't just read the words. I felt it the way I feel music. It is a physical energy that goes up and down in my body. I have been doing that with music forever but this is the first book that I have read where the energy manifests that way.” 

One of these mermaid women in her sixties had given up on trying to reveal to others what she felt inside. She had never met anyone who understood her. She asked me, “How do you know I am a mermaid?” 
  I lifted up my hand and felt her aura and replied, “Because you have the one element of water in your aura.” A few hours later she texted me and said, “When you felt the water in my aura, I could feel exactly what you were feeling with your hand.”  
   She had also been part of a group that believed the astral plane was an inferior state of being. I held up my hand again and said, “This is the astral plane.” She said, again sensing directly what I sensed, “That is what I call spirit.” 
   As they grow up, they observe that they are not like other people. Several times I flew to Hawaii a small group of six merwomen who had never met anyone like themselves. One of them recounted how when she was little she asked her mother, “Mother. I am not like other people. Is there something you are not telling me?” And her mother replied, “You are of water. You are a mermaid.”  
   In her country, she is well-known, an “influencer” in social media. And yet, if she discussed openly that she is a mermaid, she would be in danger. In her nation, they kill women who they suspect to be mermaids.
  There are other things about mermaids I could only discover through interviewing them and observing them first hand. For example, there I what I call a “cocaine” effect. When you in their physical presence, the dense water in their auras flows through you with its soothing, calming, healing, and renewing vibration. You feel released and at peace as if you had just spent a month out of doors sailing around the world or camping by an ocean bay or a lake high in the mountains. Like taking cocaine, you feel larger than life, complete in yourself, and at peace.
  But when you move thirty to sixty feet away from her, this benevolent influence vanishes. Outside of the influence of her aura, you return to your normal self. But that is not how it feels. Instead, you may feel acute withdrawal symptoms—nervousness, unease, anxiety, or a strange sense of loss. 
  To overcome this cocaine effect, an individual would need to learn how to produce the watery aura of mermaids in himself. But this is extremely difficult because there are no teachings by any religion on meditating effectively on water. I pointed out to one Taoist master that he was teaching earth, air, fire, and akasha to his students but not the water element. He replied, “It is impossible to teach Westerners about the water element.”
   Even when an individual can internalize the vibration of water in himself, there is still a serious problem. As a song says, “There’s no sorrow, toil, or danger in that bright land to which I go.”
  The water element suppresses one’s survival instinct. If you feel bliss overflowing from inside of you, it is hard to remain vigilant and alert. The fire element emphasizes will power. The earth element is sold and hard working. The air element is keen and perceptive. But those elements have difficulty operating if you feel you can just “go with the flow.” Mermaid love has no tough love. And it does not demand accountability. Yet in our world we have to remain vigilant if we are going to survive. 
  These women often look just like any other woman. They talk to you in a normal way though they are remarkably receptive and vivacious. So it is hard to imagine that they do not have a human soul but rather are immortal beings from the astral plane in human form. But then I give some of them an electric thermometer. They can hold it in their hands and drop the temperature from five to thirty degrees in a few minutes.  
  These women also have huge problems with stalkers. If they ride a bus, a complete stranger may get off at their stop and follow them home. Since they have close ties to water, which has an average temperature in nature of a few degrees above freezing, I sometimes suggest they imagine ice, cold water around themselves or an iceberg next to them. 
  This can stop someone from following them. One woman thanked me because she can now ride the bus in peace. But people on the bus may then say, “It is freezing in here. Someone should turn off the air conditioner.” I have seen people walk near them and start to shiver before they put on a coat or sweater.  
  When our culture is more familiar with the psychology of the water element, we will regard these women as teachers. They can show us new things. Such as, “Here it what it feels like to never have a mean thought, to never be jealous, and to never lose your innocence.” 
  Or, “Here is what it is like to feel a flowing stream of water moving through yourself that cleanses you of negative thoughts. Here it is what it is like to dissolve any feelings of separation or isolation from others.” Or, even as Jesus once said of his future disciples, “From out of their bellies shall flow streams of living water.” Those who teach such things already dwell among us.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Immortality and the Five Elements